Sunday, April 3, 2011

The Weekend (for lack of a more original title)

Well, we just had one of those perfect weekends as a little family. Now that Isobel is getting older it's getting a lot easier to go out & do things as a family. The weather was awesome which is surprising for this time of the year, I don't think we'll have too many sunny weekends up our sleeves so we used it to our advantage.

Saturday
Gareth worked till 1 so I made sandwiches & walked into town to meet him. We then went to the local zoo & had lunch in the park. The stage that is in the photos is situated in our local park & has a bit of a repuation amongst musicians.  I've seen Fleetwood Mac & REM there which is a pretty big deal if you knew how small my town was. Bubs loved hanging in the front pack with Dad, although she was more interested in smiling at all the young kids rather than the animals.


Sunday
Bubs ate carrots, we had pancakes & then headed into town for a market day. It was pretty small but cool, lots of people turned out for it too. We managed to score some cheap handmade clothes for Isobel & had ourselves a beautiful coffee from one of the stalls. I'm beginning to see that New Plymouth is one of those towns that "does". You know, they don't just talk of doing things, they go right ahead & make it happen. I like that. I'm liking it here, I'm happy.

My two must have accessories, I'm digging the blurry quality of this pic, I think it works. Do you?



So pretty much a great weekend for the Andrewes clan. I going to take a little break from blogging this week, I need to get the creative juices flowing & do some sewing & things of which I only have a tiny space in the day to do. Blogging seems to be taking up more & more of that space lately & while I love it, I need to fit in all the other things I love as well. I'm also going to be having a little think about what direction I want to take this blog. If you feel so inclined, leave a little message of what you love (or don't love) about it. And if you have blogs, make sure you leave a link so I can check you out too!

Have a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment