Sunday, September 4, 2011

Yum! Sand!

We had a BUSY weekend. Gareth worked so it was just Bubs & I kicking it about town. Saturday, we attended a baby shower for my good friend Claire. We were there pretty much all afternoon & Isobel was awesome. It was the first time I've taken her to an event with lots of strangers in a long time & I was pleasantly surprised with how well she coped with it all. People picked her up & little boys knocked her on the head with marraccas and she couldn't care less. It also made me realise that she's now reaching that exciting toddler stage where everything is to be explored. Great for her, crap for me. I spent most of my time chasing her about making sure she didn't get into things.
I've come to the realisation that she's growing up very fast & seeing her chase after the little toddlers made me see that she's not a baby any more. She couldn't care less for the 7month old babies that were lying around, she wanted in with the ruff n tumble of the boys. It was very very cute.

Sunday Morning we played at the beach for a while before her morning nap. I'm thanking god each day for where we live. It's a 15min walk to the beach & this girl is already loving the sand just a little too much, A huge chunk made it into her mouth several times & she LOVED it.



We then made our way to my Mums where we spent most of the afternoon outside. The weather is so good at the moment. Spring is really announcing it's arrival this year. I'm loving it.

It was Father's day yesterday so I made a pretty awesome stir fry, we had beer & apple pie & enjoyed some Gilmore Girl's on DVD. Oh how our lives have changed. One beer & I'm done.

Hopefully I'll be blogging a bit more lately, Isobel has decided that she loves morning naps now & has been going down for around 2hours for the last few days. Probably won't last but I'll enjoy it while it does.








No comments:

Post a Comment